Tuesday, April 13, 2010

THREE YEARS

A guy contacted me with some questions last night. He's working on a pitch bible.

"Great! Good for you." I replied.

"Its a great idea - and everybody loves it", he said.

"Fantastic - how far along are you?" I asked.

"I've got the idea all worked out" he said.

"All worked out? Okay. And how long has this taken you?" I asked.

"Uhhh..." he thought, counting back in time. "Three years."

Hey. That's fine. Take as long as you want. There's no rush - seriously.

BUT if you're serious about creating and pitching a show - you've actually got to do the work. Or, you can hire an expert to do it for you. I'm turning out pitch bibles in 3 weeks (allowing for approvals). This includes 2 main drafts and a polish - with approvals at every stage.

Or - you can spend three years on your idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment