Thursday, October 8, 2009

Selling the Dream

I sat in the boardrooms of two major companies this past week; a major bank and a very large public corporation. I'm in the process of finding sponsors for my new show, so I'm making cold calls, racing to appointments - and of course... I'm pitching.

But the pitching is the easiest part, because I have a great show bible. It's clear, concise, funny and laid out in a logical manner that explains everything about the project and their potential involvement in it. It's so good, that the first thing I hear in every single meeting - is how great my pitch bible is.

And it had better be, because pitch bibles are the lifeblood of my business. I have to sell the dream. Whether its a pitch to a broadcaster, production house or potential sponsor - I have to sell them on my dream before I can make it happen. So that's what I do, and over the years I've become fairly good at it.

And now I'm offering my services to the creative community. Pitch bibles, documents, presentations - very well done, at a reasonable price. More to come - including sample art, shortly... Hang in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment