Sunday, May 30, 2010

From "Idea" to "Intellectual Property"


I met with a team of entertainment lawyers on Friday about some other projects. In the course of the conversation, my new web-show came up. It exists only as an idea + some props, scripts, an actress, some graphics, a musical tag and a YouTube channel.

The lawyers listened to my plan and felt that the project was quite marketable. As a matter of fact, they had some production companies in mind - whom they thought would be very interested in this exciting new Intellectual Property.

Isn't it funny how you leave your house with a 'pretty good' idea - and return with a marketable intellectual property - that actually has some value?

As I told the lady in the last post - you actually have to get off your butt and do something. Nobody is going to hand you a show.

We're shooting the first episode on June 19th - I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile I continue to write scripts and scrounge for props for this epic. The price so far?

Somewhere South of $200.

No comments:

Post a Comment