Thursday, February 17, 2011

Not for the Faint of Heart


Some potential clients asked if I could guarantee... IF I COULD GUARANTEE - That if I wrote a Pitch Bible for them, their show would sell. (They didn't want to spend the money without a guaranteed return on their investment.)

Of course I said, "no". I can't guarantee that. But I did guarantee that if they didn't have a Pitch Bible and they didn't pitch their show - it would never sell.

Sorry guys. There are no guarantees in life. Well, aside from that Death and Taxes stuff. But if you're going to play the game, then play the game. Otherwise, step aside and let the real talent shine.

There are 1,000 reasons why your show might not sell - and 1,000 reasons why it might. But while you have little or no control over them, you have to try.

Or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment