Sunday, February 21, 2010

And Now The Hard Work Begins


I've just finished writing a pitch bible for some clients. They seem very happy with the finished product - and I'm happy with the work that I produced. Not only did I give them the "Who, What, Where, When, Why and How" of their show - I was able to provide a voice and a point of view to the bible. It really conveys the feeling of who is telling their story.

It was a great experience for all of us. I took three pages of point-form notes and transformed them into a tight 15 page document, that not only tells you about the show - but is a pretty funny read as well. There was a lot of collaboration as well as give and take, so it feels like their show - instead of some ghost written document.

So now the hard work begins. They're adding the artwork and formatting it into the presentation document - and then they'll be off to pitch it. I'm wishing them the very best of luck - because although its "just" a work for hire piece, it's one of my babies - and in my opinion, pretty damned good.

But now it's out of my hands and all I can do is wait and hope for good news. Let's keep our collective fingers crossedl for these guys. They've got a really good show on their hands. I hope it sells - and fast!

1 comment:

  1. It takes a good deal of talent to turn a 3-page outline into a tight 15 pager - so kudos on a successful attempt (although a sale will be the true mark of success).

    I would also think of it as "one of my babies" as well, since you obviously put in significant time and effort. I am sure your client will keep you in the loop.

    Please keep up apprised of the outcome... ;-)

    And continued success with your own writing and pitches.

    R. King

    ReplyDelete