Friday, May 27, 2011

Monetizing the Internet - Part 1 What Not To Do


(Okay. So the guy ain't Ben Turpin. But he should be.)

I received a note last week from this fellow, asking me to click on his blog so that he would earn funds from adsense:

Majid Ali said...

Please for humanity's sake please do it once
I have made a blog at blogger.com Since i have added a google adsense in the blog but haven't made a penny with this. I need your help and support to help me make some money to PAY MY Tuition Fees.


The entire plea is printed in the comments of an earlier post. To be honest, I didn't bother clicking on his blog. I hate spam and I don't want to encourage it. That said:


HOW DO YOU MAKE MONEY ON THE INTERNET TO SUPPORT YOUR PROJECTS?


You may recall my Brain Eatin' Zombie Babies project. Yes, it's still alive - but I'm working on other things at the moment. I will post more BEZBs later this summer. We've had a good response, but it'll take time to grow the property.


In my internet 'travels' I've met some interesting people. One of the most interesting and enterprising is Travis Gordon and his web series "SPELL FURY". Travis has been producing web series for a number of years and his total hits number in the millions. He's not viral by any means, but he's a known presence on the web. In 2009, Wired Magazine called him one of their "Seven Web-o-tainers Worth Watching".


And so you should. Why? Because Travis Gordon is doing it right. Check out his work at www.spellfury.com


So, what does this have to do with monetizing the internet? Everything. Because Travis has just finished his first web video with a product placement. Working with Travis, I was able to find a major corporation that is willing to feature their products in his show.


Hang in there, because I'm going to tell you how we did it.



No comments:

Post a Comment